Keystone Oaks High School’s 2020-2021 Program of Studies reflects some positive and exciting changes for our High School students! As the District prepares to implement a new Strategic Plan beginning June 1, 2020, the changes to program and course offerings are designed to reflect the priorities outlined in the Strategic Plan, ensuring that we are meeting the students’ needs and are preparing them for whichever career path they choose after graduation.
Please read below to learn what is new in the 2020-2021 Program of Studies:
- Starting with the class of 2024, students will be required to earn 26.5 credits (25.5 credits plus 0.5 credits for community service and 0.5 credits for career readiness) in order to graduate. Additionally, starting with the class of 2024, students will be required to take a 0.5 credit Computer Science course.
- Effective with the class of 2020, class rank is no longer being published on student transcripts and is only being calculated for internal purposes, such as for scholarship applications or when required by an institution.
- Starting with the class of 2023 (current Freshmen), Keystone Oaks School District will no longer recognize the top two graduates (a valedictorian and a salutatiorian). Instead, the District will recognize graduates in three categories:
- Honors - QPA 3.5-3.74
- High Honors - QPA 3.75+
- Distinguished Graduate - QPA 4.01+ and 100 or more hours of community service, a leadership position within the school or community, and less than four unexcused tardies and three unexcused absences.
- The District will now offer a two-credit Senior Internship course, available for the class of 2021. The internship is not mandatory, but is an opportunity for students to gain hands-on, real world experience by working with a site supervisor at two different placements. Students will complete an internship as part of their school day, during either the fall or spring semester. Students must apply for the Senior Internship course by March 13, 2020. A committee will review and approve student applications. Upon approval, students will be placed in an internship before the end of the 2019-2020 school year so that they can begin their internship during the first week of school in August 2020.
- There are several new course offerings for the 2020-2021 school year, including:
- Poetry Workshop
- Applied Geometry
- Applied Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP French
- AP Spanish
- Introduction to Business and Marketing
- Sports Nutrition
- Fashion, Fad & Fantasy
Please click here to view the 2020-2021 Program of Studies.
The Program of Studies describes what Keystone Oaks High School plans to offer for the next academic year. Course offerings may need to change for many reasons. In addition School policies, procedures, and requirements are described here. This information is as accurate as possible. At times changes in policies, clerical errors or other factors can result in publication of incorrect or incomplete information. It is our intent to provide clear and accurate information; however, the Program of Studies is not a binding contract.