Effective July 31, 2015, anyone volunteering their time in a school district or for a district-sponsored event must have the following clearances on file in the district’s personnel office: State Police Clearance (Act 34), Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) and the FBI Clearance (fingerprinting). Volunteers must renew their clearances every 60 months (5 years).
The Keystone Oaks School District values the thousands of hours that parents and other members of the community volunteer at sporting events, on field trips and in the classroom. In accordance with this state law, Keystone Oaks School District now has the following policies and practices in place for anyone who volunteers events and activities involving Keystone Oaks students:
- Policy 916: Volunteers and Chaperones. Beginning May 17, 2016, anyone who submits the paperwork required to volunteer must also sign off that they have received and read this policy.
- All volunteers with the Keystone Oaks School District must have current copies of the following clearances and required paperwork on file in the personnel office:
- State Police Clearance,
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance OR signed and notarized Volunteer Clearance Exception Disclosure Statement) on file in the District’s Personnel Office.
The State Police Clearance and Child Abuse Clearance are free for volunteers. Volunteers are required to pay for the cost of the FBI Fingerprinting Clearance (if needed).
Instructions on applying for the clearances are available on the right hand side of this page.
Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Please fill out the attached Volunteer Clearances Form and sign that you have read and understand School Board Policy 916: Volunteers and Chaperones.
- Apply for the required clearances/have the Volunteer Clearance Exception Disclosure Statement notarized. See instructions in this packet.
- Once you have received the clearances/disclosure statement, please send copies, along with the Volunteer Clearances Form in a sealed envelope to Athletic Director Mark Elphinstone or Personnel Secretary Karen Wong.
Clearances may be dropped off at the District offices Monday—Friday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. (please check the website for summer hours, school closures, etc.) or may be mailed to:
Keystone Oaks School District
Attn: Mrs. Karen Wong or Mr. Mark Elphinstone (Volunteer Clearances)
1000 Kelton Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15216
Once the clearances are verified and on file in the Keystone Oaks School District Personnel Office, you will be receive an e-mail notification that you are approved to volunteer.
If you have questions, please contact:
Mr. Mark Elphinstone Mrs. Karen Wong Athletic Director Personnel Secretary