Keystone Oaks School District now utilizes an electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar. This “green” initiative saves our schools tons of paper and significantly reduces copying costs. Additionally, it allows for flyer distribution that is more consistent across the district.
As a parent/guardian of a student in the Keystone Oaks School District, no action is required on your part to receive flyers. You will receive a welcome email from Peachjar that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school eflyers.
To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add [email protected]
to your email contacts. When you receive your first eflyer, be sure to click “always display images.” This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
School and school district-approved eflyers will keep you informed about upcoming school activities, programs, and events. For your convenience, flyers that are sent via e-mail will also be made available on the “Peachjar” page on each school’s website.
Flyer Distribution – Groups & Organizations Affiliated with Keystone Oaks School District
For groups and organizations affiliated with Keystone Oaks School District (parent-faculty organizations, athletic booster groups, band boosters, etc.), distributing eflyers through Peachjar will always be free. To submit flyers for approval and distribution, please use these step-by-step instructions
Flyer Distribution – Outside Community Groups & Organizations
Keystone Oaks School District cooperates with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we are eliminating paper distribution of flyers and transitioning solely to electronic delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents/guardians and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- When you are ready to upload a flyer, visit www.peachjar.com
- Upload your flyer for approval.
- Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Flyer approval will occur within two (2) business days.
Peachjar will waive its service fees for local community organizations posting to District's schools when promoting a free event or activity that does not entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services. To receive the waived service fees a community organization must contact Peachjar to make the request email keys[email protected]
or call (858-997-2117 ex 130). For programs and events that have fees associated with them, Peachjar charges a fee for electronic distribution. This fee is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Flyers that are distributed by Keystone Oaks School District must meet the following guidelines:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Flyer must be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB.
- Flyer must contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Material must not advocate a religious or a political viewpoint.
- Flyer must include the following disclaimer, which Peachjar automatically adds to flyers from outside organizations:
- “This program, activity, product or service is not sponsored by or affiliated with Keystone Oaks School District.”
Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for districtwide electronic distribution. The district reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions from the Keystone Oaks Public Relations & Communications Office.
Flyers shall not be approved if they:
- Contain obscene material or are inappropriate for family viewing in a school environment.
- Promote products that are unlawful for minors to purchase or use, or businesses that are unlawful for minors to patronize.
- Promote projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or view point.
- Promote projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint.
- Are deemed inconsistent with School District policies or contrary to law.
- Would tend to disrupt the school environment.