This spring, we are excited to offer a new musical opportunity with the Keystone Oaks Elementary Chorus. If you enjoy singing, this is an opportunity you will not want to miss. The 4th/5th grade chorus will be led by middle school music teacher Mrs. Smith as well Mr. Naser and Mr. Smith.
Join us for Opening Night!
For those interested in joining, please consider attending Opening Night. Opening Night will take place on Tuesday, February 28th, from 6-8pm in the Dormont Elementary Cafeteria. The first day will consist of exciting music making, games, and will conclude with a special parent performance at 7:45pm.
All practices after opening night will take place every Tuesday from 6-8pm at Dormont Elementary and will continue throughout the end of the school year.
How do I Sign Up?
We hope you will consider joining the 4th/5th Keystone Oaks Elementary Chorus! If you would like to participate, please…
· Join the Elementary Choir Google Classroom lecfbwh
· Fill out the Participant Survey in the Classwork tab
· Return the Participation Form to either your music teacher or bring it with you for Opening Night
· Attend Opening Night on Tuesday, February 28th from 6 to 8pm at Dormont Elementary
What will you do in the Elementary Choir?
In the Keystone Oaks Elementary Chorus, you will continue to develop the singing skills that you have begun learning in music class and you will get to enjoy a performance opportunity in the spring. During rehearsals you will get the opportunity to enjoy fun activities, meet students from the other elementary schools, and learn how to perform as a group.
Dress Rehearsal: May 10th @ 6 to 7:30pm
Family Performance: May 10th @ 7:30pm
Middle School Concert Performance:
Thursday, May 18th @ 7pm
The Elementary Choir will perform as a special guest during the Middle School Spring Concert. Students should report at 6:45 to the MS.
What is expected in Elementary Choir?
A choir is a team and only at its best when each member is giving 100%. Choir commitments include but are not limited to:
• Being on time and prepared for rehearsals and performances.
• Give full effort to learning the music and vocal techniques.
• Represent Keystone Oaks with excellent behavior and positivity.