Seven of Keystone Oaks School District's Odyssey of the Mind Teams earned top honors in the recent regional competition and advanced to the PA State Finals! These teams represent 46 students from Dormont Elementary School, Keystone Oaks Middle School, and Keystone Oaks High School.
These students achieved top honors against 118 teams from western Pennsylvania; they will compete at Lockhaven University on April 1.
Additionally, one KO team was awarded the OMER Award, which recognizes teams for real acts of teamwork and creativity in the face of adversity.
The advancing teams are:
- Problem 1 Division 1 - (3-5th grade) Wise Elves: Rilynn Walker, Reese Dobson, Evie Goforth, Lena Donahu, Mia Rairigh, Finley Benkovich, and Finley Patterson
- Problem 4 Division 1 (3-5th grade) Strange Maniacs: Edward Klimowicz, Judah Rutman, Keanan Totty, Eleanor Gabuzda, Levi Frayer-Griggs, and Lucy Dobo-Gorzkowski
- Problem 5 Division 1 (3-5th grade) Donut Squad: Jocelyn Anthony, Dehlia Deimel, Bellamy Winchel, Harper Wawrzeniak, Ian O'Connor, Lidia Baldoni and Ian Lenox.
- Problem 1 Division 2 (6th-8th grade) KO Kitty Doggies: Martina Lenox, Bella Bischof, Marion Rent, Madeline Reyes, Sophia Mae Winchel, Geneva Deimel and Reagan Dobson
- Problem 3 Division 2 (6th-8th grade) KO Kardashians: Anthony Cerminara, Aura Petraitis D., William McGee, Michela Robbins, Jasper Dalessandri-Fetterman, and Shane Fehl
- Problem 5 Division 2 (6th-8th grade) Precisely Cut Potatoes: Grace Luft, Lillian Gabuzda, Charlotte Morton, Alex Smith, Afton Rogers, Rainer Lloyd
- Problem 1 Division 3 (9th-12th grade) Iron Roses: Jillian Stakich, Kaybre Donahue, Riley Dobson, Lydia Deimel, Madison Vandergrift,Lucy Brooke and Natasha Brooke.
Additionally, one KO team was awarded the OMER Award, which recognizes teams for real acts of teamwork and creativity in the face of adversity. Congratulations to the Space Kidets: Jameson Mszanski, Christopher Chichilla, Abiageal Murphy, Martin Oswald, Mitchell Walsh, Roslyn Latshaw, and Olivia McCarthy.