The Keystone Oaks School District’s Board of School Directors approved the 2022-2023 Final General Fund Budget during their Business/Legislative Meeting on June 21, 2022.
The Final Budget, with expenditures totaling $48,462,499, includes a two percent tax increase, bringing the millage rate to 20.4856. Taxes will increase approximately $40 for every $100,000 of assessed property value.
Revenues are estimated at $48,169,304, creating a deficit of nearly $293,000. The 2022-2023 Final Budget will be balanced by using funds in the District’s fund balance.
The 2022-2023 Final General Fund Budget maintains all current District programs and provides for the following additional positions, which are based on students’ needs:
- An assistant principal at Keystone Oaks Middle School
- One additional full-time mental health therapist, who will work primarily with middle school students through the Student Assistance Program
- One additional full-time school counselor at Keystone Oaks Middle School
- One additional certified school nurse; each Keystone Oaks building will now be staff by a full-time certified school nurse
- The following teaching positions: high school math, high school social studies, secondary FCS, elementary librarian, two elementary special education teachers
- School Police Officer
The Final General Fund Budget is available on the District’s website - https://www.kosd.org/FiscalServices.aspx