Keystone Oaks School District is proud to announce the winners of the District’s inaugural Diversity Expression Contest. This year’s contest was open to all students in grades k-12 and invited them to submit a writing or work of art that depicted the theme -
“Celebrating our individual differences that make us proud to be part of one Keystone Oaks Community.”
More than 75 poems, essays, drawings and posters were submitted and the following entries were selected as winners in this year’s contest:
- Mikayla Staab- Eighth Grade, Keystone Oaks Middle School. Essay, “Proud to be a KO student.”
- Alya Mittal - First Grade, Fred L. Aiken Elementary. Personal Narrative, “Foreign Land, Local Love.” Drawing, “My KO, My World - Where Everyone’s Welcome.”
- Amina Babajanov - Second Grade, Fred L. Aiken Elementary. Drawing, “Our Differences.”
- Mary Paulick - Second Grade, Dormont Elementary. Essay, “Diversity.”
- Sophia Paulick - Fourth Grade, Dormont Elementary. Poem, “Diversity Because of KO.”
- Meghan Anderson - Second Grade, Dormont Elementary. Diversity Poem.
- Ariana Arzyaga - Second Grade, Dormont Elementary. Diversity Acrostic Poem.
- Rayyan Barakat - Kindergarten, Aiken Elementary. Poster.