The District’s student information system, PowerSchool, recently released an update to the way that parent/guardian and emergency contact information is listed for each student, making it easier for families to update or add new contact information and providing District staff with one screen for seeing all of the contacts associated with a student.
In line with this update, and with winter weather season fast approaching, we are asking that you take a few minutes to log in to PowerSchool to verify and/or add contact information for your student(s). We are asking that you complete the following process by Friday, November 1, 2019 when we will send a test message through SchoolMessenger.
Please follow these steps to update your contact information:
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal - https://powerschool.kosd.org/public/. If you do not know your login credentials, please contact the building secretary where your child attends school.
- On the left hand side, under the “Information” section, choose “Ecollect Forms” at the bottom of the list.
- Click on the first form “Student Contacts Update."
- A screen will pop up that will list every contact for a student. If you need to edit a contact, click the pencil to the right of the individual’s name. If you need to delete a contact, click the “x” to the right of the individual’s name.
- If you need to add a new contact, click the “Add” button on the top right-hand side of the screen and fill in the form.
Information for the first two contacts in the list will synchronize with SchoolMessenger, the District’s system for sending messages via email, text, and phone call in the event of a school delay or cancellation, an emergency, or to share other pertinent information with families.