They Keystone Oaks School District’s Communications & Public Relations Department is offering a school year internship program. This opportunity will give up to three high school juniors or seniors real-world, hands-on experiences in communication and public relations. This internship is ideal for students looking to learn more about public relations, strategic communication, and marketing.
The students will work closely with Sarah Welch, Keystone Oaks’ Coordinator of Communications & Public Relations, to:
- Improve both District-wide and High School-level communication with high school students.
- Assist with organizing a stakeholder committee to review and make recommendations for improving Keystone Oaks School District’s brand.
- Make all of the school buildings more welcoming environments by recommending ways to celebrate the diversity of our community.
- Implement social media platforms that will engage high school students in meaningful ways.
Student interns will work on the following projects:
- Utilize the monitors in the high school cafeteria to display important and timely announcements
- Gather and organize information regarding upcoming club meetings, activities, reminders, etc. to include on the District website and in the District’s bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Design and produce print materials and publications
- Coordinate a stakeholder branding committee
- Implement social media platforms that will connect with students in meaningful ways
Schedule & Details:
- Year-long internship experience (tentatively): September 16, 2019 - June 11, 2020
- Schedule: Each student will be expected to spend approximately 4-5 hours/week working on projects. The internship will be a combination of independent work and meetings with Mrs. Welch and/or the Student Communication Team.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- Current junior or senior
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- One staff recommendation (teacher, counselor, administrator, coach)
- Actively participates in student clubs/organizations
- High level of school pride
- Strong organization and communication skills
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and/or resume to:
Coordinator of Communications & Public Relations
Keystone Oaks School District
via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 4, 2019. Applicants will be interviewed on September 5, 6 & 9.