August 29: First Day of School for Students in Grades 1-12
In preparation for the start of the 2016-2017 academic year, the District has put together three back-to-school publications; “Flight” for those with children in elementary school, “Soar” for parents/guardians of students in Middle School, and “Parent Update” for those with High School students.
Inside each publications, parents/guardians and students can find pertinent information that will help them prepare for the first day of classes, including:
Each of the publications are available to download here:
- Supply lists for all grade levels
- The Kindergarten Transition Schedule, new for the 2016-2017 academic year
- The new Six Day Rotation Schedule for all elementary students
- “Welcome Back” letters from Superintendent Dr. Stropkaj, building principals and Dr. Varley, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & Staff Development
- The 2016-2017 school year calendar and important event dates
- Details on the school lunch program and the menu for the first week of school
- Contact information for administrators and school board members
- Details on how to volunteer and contact information for parent-faculty organizations
- New and revised school board policies, key information for each grade level and more!