A strong relationship exists between good school attendance and academic achievement. The School laws of Pennsylvania state that students must attend school regularly. The attendance procedures are one of the most important aspects of the schools operation.
We would like your cooperation in the following areas:
- Legal absences include illness, death in family, weather conditions preventing bus arrival, authorized religious holidays and pre-approved family vacations up to 5 days.
- Approval for family trips should be requested at least 1 week prior to the date of departure.
- Call the school office on the second day of any absence.
- Send one of the excuse forms, completed, to school with your child upon his/her return. A copy of the excuse form is available for download on the right hand side.
- Make every effort to see that your son or daughter is at the bus stop or in school on time. Please see each school's website for tardy times.
- Written requests are required for early dismissals. Students are not permitted to wait outside the office/building for pick-ups. Anyone calling for a student dismissal must meet the child in the school office.