The Keystone Oaks School District utilizes the Allegheny Intermediate Unit #3 for all Assistive Technology referrals.
- The IEP team meets and identifies the need for Assistive Technology consultation and evaluation.
- The team identifies the student’s needs and considers possible technology devices or services that may benefit the student.
- The team utilizes the Assistive Technology consideration checklist from the AIU.
- At that time, the team will complete a Request for Assistive Technology Consultation packet.
- The packet is then forwarded to the Supervisor of Special Education for review.
- The AIU Assistive Technology Coordinator reviews the information and makes site visits if needed.
- Recommendations are reviewed by the team members, and a decision is made on what course of action to take based on the Assistive Technology Action Plan.
- The IEP is updated if needed.
- If assistive devices are needed, training on the devices can be arranged through the AIU assistive technology referrals.