As you prepare to register your child for kindergarten, please keep in mind the following requirements:
Any child who is five years old on or before September 1, 2016 may attend kindergarten during the 2016-2017 school year.
Three documents are required for enrollment in public schools in Pennsylvania:
Pennsylvania law requires that all students show proof of immunization before attending any school in the Commonwealth. Kindergarten or 1st grade students entering school for the first time are required to show proof of the following immunizations:
- Birth certificate or baptismal certificate that includes the child's date of birth
- Two proofs of residency
- Proof of immunizations or medical/religious exemption form. See below for required immunizations.
- Immunization Requirements
- 4 doses of tetanus (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday); 3 doses if series started after 7 years of age
- 4 doses of diphtheria (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday); 3 doses if series started after 7 years of age
- 3 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles
- 2 doses of mumps
- 1 dose of rubella
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella or written statement from physician/designee indicating month and year of disease or serologic proof of immunity